Sunday, January 17, 2010

A surprise and sad news...



I was back in Inti hostel today at around 5.30pm. My friend at the next door called me while I was mopping the floor. She gave me a shock by saying that one of our friends' only younger brother passed away today! It occured in this morning, at around 10 am something. The news have been posted in The Star newspaper. It happened in Georgetown...

Jason Ching-my friend's brother was found dead when he was training for a dragon boat race on this morning. According to my friend, he is 17 years old this year, and he stayed active in school cocuriculum activities. He is the president of Leo Club in his school.

It is believed that strong currents pulled the students into the water. Twelve of the students managed to swim to the shore, but not Jason Ching unfortunately. He did not know how to swim whereas the other did. There were still a number of four students missing. Their dragon boat team advisor had also found to be dead. So sad...

Life can't be predicted anyway...it ends just like that sometimes, without you having the chance to prevent it or at least to get ready...

But life must go on anyhow...be strong my friend! Get on your track and get your feet on life again! Don't give up....

No comments:

Post a Comment